Stop focusing on JUST the results. If there are no drastic results, you’ll get discouraged. Just focus on CHANGE! You don’t need to quit things cold turkey or restrict or do anything DRASTIC. Make slow changes, walk more, add nutritious foods, get more active. Add changes and be consistent. Don’t aim for QUICK results, make the process longer so that you can go about it the RIGHT WAY! Aka - no starvation, no restriction, no 3 a day workouts. If you make small changes and implement them everyday, this will be more maintainable for the rest of your LIFE! And THAT my friends is what will bring LONG LASTING RESULTS!
Focus on daily change, not on the end result.
Mm close up of my pumpkin #proats, aka protein oatmeal!
🌟cook oats, egg, egg whites, and 1/4 cup pumpkin together on the stove
🌟once cooked, let cool a bit
🌟add 1 scoop @musclegauge @gaugegirltraining whey isolate protein with some water and mix it all up. Top with cinnamon! 😍 #humpday fuel! #iifym #macros #eatwell #intuitiveeating #balancedlifestyle #vmfitness#vmfitfood#vmfityear
🌟boiled sweet potato
🌟side of broccoli and some spinach!!
Was craving some simple goodness for dinner! #iifym #macros #intuitiveeating #balancedlifestyle
Winner of the @Ravishsands #ravishsands raffle! CONGRATS @cynteahg ! Please email email@example.com your height, weight, cupsize and address!!! If you didn’t win, don’t worry! There’s SOOO many gorgeous suits for sale on Ravishsands.com!
No more #cheatdays or #yolo days. Everything in #moderationnotdeprivation! For me, restricting was NOT the answer. Now I know for others, this way of doing it works for them! That’s wonderful! Everyone’s different! If you do the clean eating and then cheat day strategy and you’re going about it in a sane and healthy way, amazing for you! If you restrict and end up binging like crazy on these “cheat days”.. You may new to reevaluate your method of going about this lifestyle.
Change the mindset from “oh this is the only day I can have it.. EAT IT ALLLLLL” to “oh I can actually have that whenever I want! I’m not deprived. Ill have a cookie now, and then another tomorrow!”
Oh I know it’s MUCH easier said than done. I struggle with that mindset a lot! But don’t fret, don’t feel guilty, don’t worry. Keep on going, use each day as a new opportunity to GROW, physically and MENTALLY. Change the mindset of restriction. You want an enjoyable MAINTAINABLE HEALTHY (both physical and mental health) life!
Bowl of delicious #protein #zoats! Aka zucchini and oats! The extra zucchini adds SO MUCH VOLUME to the oats and is a great filler, but packed with nutrients and is low cals! Great way to get in some hidden veggies!
🌟oats cooked with water first on the stove top
🌟then add an egg and 6 tbs egg whites and cook all together
🌟while oats and eggs cooking, shred/slice/dice 1 zucchini
🌟once eggs and oats are cooked, add the zucchini to the pot and stir for 2 minutes, turn off stove and then let sit and cool a bit
🌟add some water and @musclegauge whey isolate (use VMFITNESS at mgnstore.com for 20% off the best tasting protein EVER!) to the zoats
#iifym#intuitiveeating#balancedlifestyle #fitfoods #fitmeals #breakfastofchampions
Here are my December goals for #hotfortheholidays #photoadaychallenge with @fitgirlfuel !
💥Since I’m going on a cruise 🚢on the 15th, I gotta step up my game! Eat for my goals EVERY SINGLE DAY, 💪KILL MY WORKOUTS, and BE CONSISTENT!
☝️Notice I didn’t have “lose this many pounds or this much body fat” in my goals, because it’s so not about the number. 💃It’s about FEELING better physically, mentally, inside and out. I need to work more on not beating myself up for 🙅lacking in progress, but instead loving myself more and the change that I can bring from hard work and dedication.
🏆Just a random set of goals, some not even fitness related! END 2013 WITH A BANG! 💥
I’m almost done with EMT school, and I can verify this 100%. We don’t give a shit what you’ve taken or how illegal it may be. We want to know what and how much so we can save your ass. Unless its directly related to a crime scene in some way, we don’t tell.
It makes me enraged and also deeply saddened that the police state has become so entwined with every aspect of our lives that people are afraid to tell the truth to people trying to render them with emergency care. We’ve broken ourselves.
Boost because everyone should know!!!
THIS. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT.
Mm forgot how GOOOOD sweet potatoes were! Mix of green beans, sweet potato that I boiled earlier, and a mashed up salmon burger! 😍😍😍 #eatforyourgoals #balancedlifestyle
Eats for the day so far! Still got 2 more meals planned ☺️
💟breakfast protein oats: oatmeal, water, an egg, egg whites, canned pumpkin, and after it was all cooked together, I placed it in a bowl and let it cool a bit. Then added some @musclegauge whey protein and water to it for sweetness!
💟 Greek yogurt with peanut butter and dark chocolate roasted almonds
💟 @questnutrition @questcreator #peanutbutter supreme #questbar !
Absolutely loved this so I had to post for #morningmotivation #mondaymotivation!
🌟BELIEVE you can do it, commit yourself to doing it, work hard, never give up, no matter HOW MANY TIMES you slip, just get back up and KEEP GOING🏃. Even slow change is better than NO change.
✨Dedicate yourself to a goal, whether it be 💪physical, 🙆mental, or 🙏spiritual. Then work hard and try your best every single day to accomplish your goa🏆l.
You decide the outcome with the actions you do.
💥Believe you can do it and you’re half way there.
#motivation #fitspo #fitness #gymmotivation #fitnessmotivation #vmfitness #vmfityear
You know all these about me and I know all these about you and you want to leave.(via dieseldan5)
- Check your local adverts. Many products go on special in regular intervals, if you can figure out the ‘pattern’ and buy some of your favorite products when they go on special, you can really save up.
- Sign up for your local supermarket’s discount card.
- Freeze excess produce. If you have purchased too much produce and are worried about spoilage, consider freezing your fruit and vegetables. This will not decrease the nutritional value and also works out well for future soup or smoothie recipes.
- Plan a grocery list. Impulse purchases can really add up, so instead of grabbing random eats that look appetizing at the moment and will actually collect dust in the cupboard, plan a healthy grocery list of essentials in advance.
- Buy in bulk. This can save you quite a bit of money in the long run. It’s a good idea to stock up on items that aren’t likely to spoil when they are on sale, for example: peanut butter. You can also buy produce in bulk and freeze (as mentioned above).
- Choose generic brands. Many worry about the quality of generic brands, but quite often the generic brands are actually produced by brand name factories with extra capacity. There will not be a noticeable difference in quality, plus you will slash costs.
- Visit your local Farmer’s Market and buy in season. Many assume that Farmer’s Markets are more expensive, but in most cases this isn’t true. Buying your produce in season is also much more cost-effective and will taste fresher.
- Carry a water bottle. This will keep you from buying potentially more expensive items like juice, soda, or energy drinks while you are out.
- Pack your lunch and cook more meals at home. Though it is fun for a treat to eat out, your wallet and your body will thank you if you make an effort to eat at home. You know exactly what you are putting into your food and saving money, win-win.
- Start a garden. While this may be an initial investment, growing a few key items in your own home will repay your investment many times over, not only with regards to cost, but also convenience.